TEX-MED Alliances Project
TEX-MED Alliances Project
Project in Brief
The TEX-MED Alliances Project, Textile Mediterranean Alliances for Business Development, Internationalization and Innovation, is funded by the European Union under ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme 2014/2020.
The Textile and Clothing scenario has deeply changed in the last years. The new challenges come from advanced countries for high performances/added value productions. Novelties (technical textiles), digitalization, Industry 4.0 are creating an innovation gap for the Mediterranean Sea Basin textile and clothing industry, while sustainability and circular economy approach becomes a must to be competitive with a more rational and sustainable use of resources.
TEX-MED ALLIANCES concerns the Textile and Clothing sector of 7 Mediterranean countries. It fosters the development of Textile and Clothing business by supporting cross-border cooperation Initiatives in 3 fields: Internationalization, Innovation and Circular Economy.
- Design and implement cross border cooperation initiatives identified and promoted by the project partners that aim at aggregating MSMEs and organizations on strategic topics related to internationalization, Innovation and Circular Economy.
- Select and support new cross border cooperation project ideas and proposals arising directly from MSMEs and organizations on the areas of interest related to internationalization, Innovation and Circular Economy, finalizing into Euro-Mediterranean Alliances and cross-border enterprise partnerships and agreements.
- Increased number of MSMEs participating in Euro-Mediterranean enterprise alliances.
- 31 support initiatives for the internationalization, innovation and technology upgrading and circular economy in the textile/clothing industry
- 34 MSMEs participating in key business events and internationalization/innovations fairs
- 1 open forum on circular economy to share best practices in the textile/clothing industry
- 4 business to business events gathering at least 123 MSMEs
- 22 MSMEs participating in new Euro-Mediterranean business alliances and partnerships
Duration: 36 months
Beneficiary: TEXFOR –Textile Industry Confederation (Spain, Catalunya)
1. CTN - Cofindustria Toscana Nord (Italy, Toscana)
2. SEPEE – Hellenic Fashion Industry Association (Greece, Kentriki Makedonia)
3. CETTEX – Textile Technical Center (Tunisia, Ben Arous)
4. MFCPOLE – Monastir El Fejja Competitiveness Pole (Tunisia, Tunis)
5. FEDCOC – Chamber of Commerce of Alexandria (Egypt, El Iskandanyah)
6. ACI – Amman Chamber of Comerce (Jordan, Amman)
7. FPI - Palestinian Federation of Industries (The Palestinian Authority)
8. Sabadell City Council (Spain, Catalunya) – Associated Partner
9. Region of Central Macedonia (Greece, Central Macedonia) – Associated Partner
10. EURATEX- European Apparel and Textile Confederation (Belgium, Brussels) –Associated Partner.
11. Textile ETP- European Technology Platform for the Future of Textiles and Clothing (Belgium, Brussels) – Associated Partner
12. Thessaloniki Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Greece, Central Macedonia) -Associated Partner
More information: Tex Med Alliances