The main function of the UPPM is to act as the official representative for the Palestinian pharmaceutical industry. Among its objectives are to:
- Encourage cooperation among the members to promote a quality competitive pharmaceutical industry
- Create target market strategy for the Palestinian pharmaceutical industry nationally and internationally
- Serve as industry liaison with decision-makers in the legislative and regulatory arenas
- Improve consumer understanding of the safety and effectiveness of Palestinian pharmaceutical products
- Build strategic relationships with other regional and international associations
- Quickly communicate key developments in the international pharmaceutical industry through the UPPM information network.
- Attract a highly skilled labor pool and create new job opportunities within the industry